Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Happy December

Wow!  It is December already!  Did you survive your Thanksgiving?  I did....and I had a great time!

Here are some family pictures:

Almost the whole gang!


Uncle George and BIL Jim frying one of the turkeys!


Nathan hitting that ball!


My leftie, Antonio hitting the ball with my nephew, Sean, supervising!


And of course, Antonio showing me his creation that he is VERY proud of....do you see that smile?


It was a great time had by all and we all ate too much!

I hope your family had a great time and everyone took a moment to think of what they are thankful for!  Okay, now on to the knitting!

I am almost done with one mitten for my Loopy Academy.  I still have to do the thumb, and make the second mitten!


I worked a lot on Paige's sweater....I am sure you guys are tired of seeing it...but I am actually to the RIBBING!  I know I put that in capital letters, but I still have a ton of ribbing to go...but this is the first part of the ribbing.....It is the bottom at the back side......


I started some baby hats for one of Paige's friends that is due January 2nd.....I finished 2 of them so far...and I had to frog a bit on the third one because I forgot to change needle size after the ribbing!




A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that Paige wanted more hats....and she picked out some yarn and I would be casting on soon......well, I got the yarn and I casted on for both hats.  The first one is called Nordic Lace Hat.  Paige saw the green (called Mossy Rock) that is being used in the Dr Who Scarf I am making for my friend's son...and she loved the color.  So I got it in a worsted weight.


Paige also picked out some sock yarn in my stash...it was Malabrigo Sock yarn in Tiziano Red....but the skeins in my stash are all meant for my Knit Swirl pattern....since I did not want to take the chance on a dye lot problem, I ordered a new skein and waited for it to come in.  I am glad I did because this skein of yarn has a considerable amount of dark undertones in it....I would actually have preferred skeins like this one for my Knit Swirl, but I am not going to rip and restart!  I am making the Autumn Gold pattern with this yarn.  UPDATE:  I ranted on my blog about this terribly written pattern that I paid for, but the next day I got a message from the designer and she is refunding my money...so I came back here to remove my long rant because now I no longer paid for the pattern.  I do love it when people make things "Right"!  If you get this pattern, one hint...the cables should be on row 3, not row 1....if they are on row 1, contact the designer for the updated pattern….This is the same designer/author as the Nordic Lace Hat I am doing for Paige in green (above), and the designer has told me there are no errors in that pattern.....keeping my fingers crossed.





I had some stash enhancements.....first, I got another bag from BagsByAwesomeGrannie (it is holding my baby hat project!


and I also got the yarn in the last baby hat picture last week...it is Simpliworsted in the bubblegum colorway (although I think it is a little lavenderish).


I got some CoBaSi Plus also in the Bubblegum colorway and the Iris colorway...this bubblegum colorway is a little more towards the pinkish side I wanted!




I also got some needle tips for my chiaogoo's.  They are 4" needles so I can make 16" circulars and make more hats.  I got size 2, 2 1/2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 (I am already using the size 7's) and a few more spin cords....one in 8" and one in 22"


With all this hat making I also decided to get some more dpn's.  I have never tried the Chiaogoo....so I got a few to try (but I really love Hiya Hiya Sharps)!


Then I got some yarn from Darlene (because she is awesome!)  There is a little story behind it.....do you watch The Big Bang Theory?  If you do, then you know what Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock is......if not, then you are really missing out!  This is TurtlePurl Yarn in the "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock" colorway!  HOW COOL IS THAT?  I had to cast on right away for a pair of vanilla toe up socks!  Thank you Darlene!!!!!!!!!




Well, that is about it on the knitting front......Last week I told you about my new tv and how I was having another one delivered....well, it was delivered and I love it!



I also watched Antonio on Wednesday evening...for some reason, Facebook showed me a photo I had shared on the same day, three years earlier....it was a picture of me snuggling with Antonio.....So, to all the people who do not see how fast time flies.......from snuggling to full grown Ninja in a mere 3 years.......sigh!


Oh, and I also made Paige some pumpkin bread....she loves the stuff, and while I am not usually a very good cook or baker....I can make pumpkin bread......




That is all I have for this week.....sorry I was a day late....crazy day yesterday!



Happy Happy Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment