Monday, August 11, 2014

Vacation Brain!

Hi everyone!  I have vacation brain......we are going to Copano Bay this coming weekend and I cannot wait!  One last mini vacation before school starts!  Here is a view from the last time we went to Copano Bay...it will be pretty warm this weekend (100 degrees plus), but have no fear, I will have a cold beverage near by!


I have been making a little bit of progress towards my organization of my yarn stuff into a nice yarn room!  Here are a few piles of 'stuff':




And here it is starting to be put away.......just the start....I still have another set of shelves to put together.....



Yes, those are all WIP's hanging from that shelving unit and that is not even all of them....there are a few more that need to be hung.......wow!

So what have I been knitting (to try do decrease some of those wips)?  My Camp Loopy Project #3.....it is called Clapotis.  The original pattern calls for Aran weight yarn, and this yarn is called Kauni and it is considered sport weight (but to me it feels like fingering).....the original pattern also calls for 13 center/straight repeats.  I thought since I was doing it with a thinner yarn, I may need to double the repeats to 26.....I was wrong....I need to almost quadruple it in order to get 800 yards (camp requirement), so I will be doing 47 center repeats....Here it is at just 16 repeats done....just about 1/3 of the way.



I am enjoying the pattern, but it is getting a bit boring....the changing of the yarn color is keeping my attention......then, there is a new cast on....many of you have heard me talk about my bff, Darlene aka AwesomeGrannie, well I think I have come to the conclusion that she has a worse case of startitis than I do.  She started The Tan House Brook Shawl (THBS) and said I have to start it with her....it is a gorgeous pattern and I had a perfect skein of yarn for it so who am I to say no?


Remember last week when I was telling you how a friend of mine, Paula H, scored a BagsByAwesomeGrannie bag with a divider in it....well I did to...this Hungry Caterpillar Bag that I am using for my Tan House Brook Shawl has a divider in.  I love the Hungry Caterpillar story and used to read it to my kids all the time...now I read it to my grandkids.


Speaking of Darlene.....she also has a new wine bag about to hit her shop.  You all know what a wine lover I am......and I love this bag set (you all know you will want one)!


The two bags above are my newest stash enhancements.....and I have another enhancement.....the Hiya Hiya Patterns KAL group did a SWAP.....I got these lovely pearl stitch markers, a stitch marker bracelet holder, a yarn bra, cascade heritage yarn sample, and some gorgeous note cards.....in return, I gave the SWAP hostess 2 skeins of sock yarn.....this was the first time doing a swap, so the group is still working through all the rules, etc......but it was a fun swap to do.




My list knitting discussion has to do with my daughter....she sent me a text over the weekend and she saw a lady at a coffee shop and loved her cardigan.  In this picture, there is not much of the cardigan to see....it just looks like a plain square type top.  Paige said it was a little fitted in the waist and it did have a belt/tie.....I asked her what color she wanted and she said that after I find a pattern, we can go to a yarn store together to pick out some yarn.....how fun......so I will be searching for a pattern like this....you let me know if you find one and place it in the comments!


That is all I have this week....I hope to have more next week after a weekend fun of knitting...I hope to get knit brain!



Happy Happy Happy Knitting!

4 comments:

  1. I asked this question on a fb group, but I'm going to ask you as well. You store your yarn out in the open, uncovered? You don't worry about Demon Moths?? The view from your vacay spot looks lovely. And I ADORE my Awesome Grannie Bags. I cast on my newest pair of socks tonight. And no, I didn't take a pic. It's only 16 stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula! Sorry for the late reply. In the past I have usually stored my yarn out in the open. With the move from one house to another (in December) all my yarn was pretty much stored in big rubbermaid tubs...but now that I am getting my shelves put together, I want to have the yarn out on the shelves. I have never had a problem with moths in the past and I am hoping I do not have a problem with them in the future......I am hoping by seeing the yarn (which I am sure I will not be able to fit it all on my shelves), it may keep me from buying more on an impulse....I am hoping it will make me want to use some the huge stash I already have....here is hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yarn storage area is beautiful!! I need to come up with a better way to organize my fiber and yarn - I'm getting too many bins that aren't organized, so it is hard to find what I've actually got.

    I just bought one of Awesome Grannie's Bag - it is the Hot Air Balloon Sock bag - I love it!! She does an amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendi, I do love organizing it and getting it to look better.

      I also love Awesome Grannie's Bags....and I have a Hot Air Balloon medium bag....I love it!

      Thanks for checking out her shop!

      Carrie

      Delete