Monday, August 25, 2014

It's Done and I'm Home!

My Camp Loopy Project  3 is done and I AM HOME from CAMP till next year.  This year's camp was much harder on me than past years.  Plus, this Kauni 8/2 yarn says it is a sport weight yarn, but it is really more of a fingering at 4.4 yards per gram.  My Clapotis (that reminds my friend of Cotton Candy) is 186.5 grams and that means 816 yards to satisfy the 800 yard requirement......I had to put the thing in a bowl to weigh it because it would not stay on the scale.




It is not blocked yet, but I will not be able to block it for a couple of days and I wanted to show you all that it was done!  Once I finished this....I could not wait to start on 2 things.  First, do you remember that awesome yarn Darlene got me and I blogged about here?  Well, both her and I want to cast on for Ink.  I swatched on like 6 sizes of needles yesterday.  I finally decided I would cast on with a US 1 (2.25 mm) and the main part would be done with a US 2 (2.75 mm)...this is TINY!  But it was the only way I could get gauge of 6.75 stitches per inch...yikes!  I did cast on, but I only have 4 rows done.....so it hardly existent (the turquoise yarn is my provisional cast on yarn):


I told you it was tiny.....but then I cast on Paige's sweater and I am in LOVE with this yarn.  It is by Quince & Co and it is called Tern...it is 25% silk and 75% wool!  It is heaven and I know Paige is going to love this sweater!  The pattern is called Breezy Cardigan.



I heard from a good friend this past weekend who was going to make a multi colored hitchhiker using a dividing bag from Awesome Grannie.  She hated the way it was turning out so she decided to make a Fall Breeze Shawl with Moda Dea yarn....here is her picture with her Baby Doll (age 2) and in the back is Brillo (age 10).....aren't they cute?  Thank you Paula H for sharing pics of your gorgeous knitting and cute as can be dogs with me (I am always harping her for pictures...I love pictures)!


I also finished those socks for my boyfriend....they are a little big, but I wanted them to be because they will go over another pair of socks.




I have a few stash enhancements....the day I left to the coast, Must Stash Yarns had an update and Darlene was able to snag 2 skeins of Sesame Street...one for me and one for her....Yahoo!!!!!  Thank you Darlene!


A friend of mine has been making stitch markers for a while and here are some new ones of hers....and she is going to make me some marked with 'A', 'B', 'C' for the Ink Cardigan.  I love these...they are perfect!


I also broke down and decided I needed a pair of reading glasses.  When trying to count how many stitches I had cast on for Hitofude (black yarn), I borrowed Darlene's glasses and they really helped so I got a pair of 1.0 strength cheaters/readers....I got them from Miss Babs....I think they are super cute....I also got a necklace to match them and then I can just hang the glasses off my necklace......


Well, I think that is about all I have.....After I blogged last week, I got to see Antonio....and he is supposed to be coming over again tonight....I am super excited!  Plus, Celeste's had her first day of school last week.....and I get to babysit her and her sister the weekend of the 12th.....I am pretty excited!

Here was Celeste on her first day of school...I always took a picture of my kids in front of our tree on their first day of school so I was sooo happy to Celeste in front of her tree for her first day!


Since today was the first official day of larger school disctrict's school....I thought I should let you know that my knitting is also educational.....it was pointed out to me by my friends that this might be me:



Happy Happy Happy Knitting everyone!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment