Monday, June 24, 2013

I am embarrassed that it has been almost 2 weeks since I posted

I am embarrassed that it has been almost 2 weeks since I posted....I am so sorry!  But Happy Happy Monday!

I have been crazy busy knitting (hence the non posting).  Last I posted I was in the ditches of tour de sock.  I did not finish sock #2 pair.  I have the legs done on both of them, but I did not make the deadline.  I have decided that I will finish the socks, but the foot will be stockinette instead of the fancy pattern because the fancy pattern is just too much for me on size 2.25 mm (or probably any size for that matter).  So what have I been doing?  Camp loopy of course.  I have one sock done and the other right behind it (about 4 more inches to go).  Here is my first sock completed:


I posted the pattern here right before this post....so please check it out and try it some time.

On tour de sock #3, I took a back seat.  It had stranding, mosaic, and intarsia and I was just not 'feeling' the pattern.  So, the next clue comes out on June 30th.  It will be the pair of socks that requires 500 beads, so wish me luck on that.  In the meantime, I will finish up Camp Loopy and I am also working on the sock monkey sweater for my grandson.....I really need to get moving on this sweater as I am way behind:



My daughter asked me to make her a cardigan.  I will make her this one, called Birch Leaves, but not as long as in the picture using some Knit Picks Shine Worsted I have in colorway Wallaby:




I went on a motorcycle ride this past Saturday with my boyfriend and a group of friends...we just happened to be near comfort so I asked him to stop at Tinsmith's Wife so I could see their new location (they moved next door to where they used to be).  It is big and gorgeous......I think the guys felt like this:


But one of the other gals went in the store with me.  She asked me if I could make a shawl/scarf that they had up as a store display.  I said I would love to make it for her.  So she and her hubby got 6 skeins of Berroco Elements yarn in a gorgeous Cobalt Blue and I will knit her this pattern, called Tauri (it is great when someone else spends the money and you get to go home with the yarn!



Speaking of spending money on yarn.....TLE had wollmeise this past week and I just could not help myself.  So I snagged 5 skeins.  2 in Thriller, 2 in Birkenrinde and 1 Pitahaya (I already have one at home).  I love them all.  I had originally purchased ShiBui yarn in black for my project #2 camp loopy project, but I think I will switch to this wonderful Birkenrinde or Thriller or Birkenrinde or Thriller....argh, I do not know which one yet, but it will be one of those two...any comments or suggestions on which one?






Lastly, I leave you with the cutest grandson on the planet (sucking BBQ sauce off his french fries)!



Happy Happy knitting and Happy Happy Monday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment